With the availability of search engines people can find knowledge and skills necessary to advance their careers and life. However, a portion of these seekers want mentors they can converse with. They want to learn directly from those who have taken action and learned, warts and all.
Through mentoring, mentors share their purpose and passion, knowledge and skills with those keen to learn. They experience a win-grow relationship that continues their learning as well. The adage “you educate what you like to learn” keeps the mentor current and appreciative of what they know, have achieved and what they might also learn through the mentoring relationship.
It’s generally accepted coaching has grown in importance. It serves a purpose. However, it is not the same as mentoring. Mentoring opens up expanded career and life possibilities for mentees (and mentors).
With coaching, the client decides on the outcomes, goals and plans with or without the help of the coach. Thereafter, coaches guide their coachees to achieve the outcomes via accountability and responsibility tips, tools and techniques. Whereas, mentoring has the mentees tap into the lived experiences of their mentors. This arrangement encourages mentees to ask questions of the mentors to discover and explore what might be applicable to the mentees. The measure of accountability and responsibility aligns with the mentor and mentee’s commitment to remain present and engaged in the mentoring relationship.
The 8-hour online course called All Things Mentoring is an overview of mentoring so you might decide if this educating approach fits your current or new business strategy and those you serve.
The content includes:
· 7 Reasons for Mentoring
· 5 Tasks of Mentoring
· 3 Key Benefits of Mentoring
· 10 Comparative Points between Coaching and Mentoring
· 3 Colossal Myths of Mentoring
· 5 Core Mentor Competencies
· 3 Major Mistakes of Mentoring
· 4 Starting Considerations of the Mentee’s Mindset
· 5 Decision Measures of Mentoring
· Explore examples of mentoring arrangements from past and present
· Identify YOUR mentoring expertise
· Explore the linkage between mentoring and influence
· Use FAST ASA in your mentoring arrangement to sustain a great relationship
· Identify actions you will Continue, Stop, Start doing because of your learning in the course
· Practice the base conversation format for mentoring in association with coaching and facilitating
• Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Smart Phone.
• Video camera built in or connected to the computing device.
• Access to the internet
• Headset is preferable but not mandatory.
• Full attendance if possible. You are allotted to miss 20% of the the classroom. Any missed classes need to be reviewed by watching the classroom recordings.
• Payment is required 2 weeks prior to the class starting
• Payment plans are available with a $99.00 administration fee.
• Partial scholarships are available based on application. Please enquirer with the administration department if interested in applying.
Cost for the Mentor Training Program
"Successful people have a Mentor"
"Learn how to share your life with the world"
"What you know is valuable... Share it with others"
"Lets light the world through Mentoring ®"
Executive Coach & Leadership Education
Executive Coach & Leadership Certification
Continue Coach Education
Executive Coach Training
Accessible Executive Coaching Courses
Rayner Institute Head Office
P.O. Box 517 Calgary, Alberta Canada. T2V 0E9
1 (844) 820-7616
1) 9220 Bonta Beach Road #200, Bonita Springs,
Florida, USA 34159
1 (844) 820-7616
2) 8722 East Redwood Lane,
Spokane Washington, USA 99217
1 (844) 820-7616